About Wisconsin RV World in WI
In 1945 a young Navy pilot by the name of Jack Eagan, along with two family members, Bill and Romie Schneider saw a need for affordable housing in the Madison area.
Being a man of vision and conviction, Jack took over the business alone in 1949, renaming it Wisconsin Trailer Mart, all while completing his business degree at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
In 1952 Wisconsin Trailer Mart was relocated for a second time to 3006 East Washington Ave. Madison, WI.
Prior to 1957 Wisconsin Trailer Mart only sold house trailers or mobile homes, but in 1957 Recreational Vehicles were introduced into inventory, and in 1966 the first Winnebago motorhome was sold.
Wisconsin Trailer Mart, in 1965, took its third location, and third name, Wisconsin Mobile Homes Inc., which was relocated across from East Towne Mall at 4201 East Washington Ave. Madison, WI.
In 1969 Jack Eagan's son Michael, and son in law Dick Hoffmann became involved in the business. Dick worked in the service department, and Michael was in sales. In 1972 Michael started the rental program, the dealership stopped selling mobile homes and went 100% Recreational Vehicles.
Dick Hoffmann, in 1974, became service manager and continued to do so for 25 years. In 1984 Michael and Dick purchased Wisconsin Mobile Homes Inc. from Jack Eagan, and in 1986 Michael and Dick made our last move to our present location at the corner of I90-94 and Hwy 51, Exit 132, along with our new name, Wisconsin RV World, Division of Wisconsin Mobile Homes, Inc.
Christine Eagan, Michael's daughter became involved in the business in 1991. In 2001 Christine purchased Wisconsin RV World from Michael and Dick and became its President.